Nobody feels good after over indulging on all of that high fat, high sugar, high carb food on Thanksgiving. This year make a conscious effort to fill up with protein and vegetables and bring a dish that is healthy and delicious.
Wow your friends this holiday season with this Tony Horton approved vegan, gluten-free pumpkin pie:
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or coconut cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6 pitted dates
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease 8x8" cake pan with coconut oil.
- Place pumpkin seeds, pecans and oat flour and salt in a food processor and pulse several times until the mixture is blended and nuts are in small pieces.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and mix in coconut oil and maple syrup, until it forms a sticky dough.
- Pour entire mixture into pan and press evenly. Pre-bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, purée dates, pumpkin purée , coconut milk and vanilla in a food processor.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix well with the purée mixture. ·
- Pour mixture over crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 to 30 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Place in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours until set.
- Cut into small squares, and serve.