1. Buying vanilla in its pure form can be a bit expensive. But, the imitation vanilla contains an ingredient called castoreum, which is produced from the secretion in a beaver's anal gland. Wait for it…Yep. Beaver butt goop. I am definitely going to spring for the real stuff from now on!
2. Pumpkin flowers are edible. …And good news, they don’t come from rodent butt.
3. Alliumphobia is the fear of garlic. What do you call a fear of beaver butt goop?
4. In 2001, there were more than 300 banana-related accidents in Britain, most involving people slipping on skins. And you thought that only happened in cartoons.
5. A cluster of bananas is called a hand and consists of 10 to 20 bananas, which are known as fingers. I hear there are a lot of “hand” and “finger” accidents in Britain.